Landscape – Home

IMG_0007 IMG_0026 IMG_9980IMG_9377 IMG_9392 IMG_9457

For these 6 images i wanted to create Parallels between my home town of Kings Lynn and the place I’m living in now which is Lincoln. The First image is that of the green Quay, it holds alot of memories for me growing up. I used some of the environment in the foreground to hide what is behind it and bring more attention to the foreground as well as being able to look into the distance of the background.

The image that’s the middle right  is of the Brayford quay in Lincoln, I decided to use the slight ramp that leads to the waters edge to get higher at first but then decided to go for a lower angle. This helped create a longer shot and an overall better image that I am happy with. shooting in the evening made it a bit harder to shoot the image but by opening up the aperture and then using Lightroom I managed to get a natural glow from the image that I’m really happy with.

The third image (top right) is of the custom house in Kings Lynn, it is also the tourist information. It holds the memories of researching the local history and events for school projects when I was younger. I wanted to get some of the other buildings around it to show the historical architecture of Kings Lynn. I really wanted to include the bottom half of the image as it shows how it is situated on the waters edge and hope it’s’ just a sheer drop.

The fourth image is bottom right I decided to walk up the bridge above the water to take a long shot that captured most of the Brayford. due to the time of day it gave off a calming atmosphere. I really liked how the water looked so i brought the clarity up in Lightroom slightly to show it better. I was able to get alot of the buildings and boats into the shot. I a way the mass of boats on the right parallels that of the people and business’s and homes on the left.

The fifth image (middle left) is of the cathedral in Kings Lynn. I wanted to try and show the age of the building, I did this by bringing up the clarity. I found the original image was a bit blue so I turned up the temperature, this helped correct the colouration of the image. I managed to get the whole of the building in as well as some of the surrounding area . There are some tree in the shot that I feel add to the overall image since it gives us something else to look at instead of it just being the cathedral.

The final image (bottom right) is of the Christmas tree just outside of Lincoln Cathedral. Having a picture at the Cathedral is to parallel the cathedral back in Kings Lynn. The image of a Christmas tree also gives off a friendly feeling, you tend to think of home when looking at a Christmas tree you tend to think of home since we normally put one up inside our homes and decorate it, they provide light and create a happy atmosphere. I  was hoping to capture this atmosphere in this collection of images, which is why this image is the perfect one to finish it off as it symbolises the very thing i was trying to show.